The BOYA BY-M1000 is a large-diaphragm condenser designed for recording in studio applications. Use it for miking vocals or instruments around your studio. It offers three polar patterns: cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8. All three polar patterns have their uses in the studio environment.
Omnidirectional gives you an even phase and frequency response all around the capsule. Cardioid deadens the back of the capsule, allowing you to mic sources closer to walls; this is the preferred polar pattern of the project or home studio. Figure-8 deadens both sides of the capsule, while the front and back have the same frequency and phase response; this is a wonderful choose for mono-miking two instruments while minimizing room coloration.
The mic itself boasts a smooth and flat frequency response between 20 Hz and 20 kHz. The two-position low-cut filter can help mitigate some rumble and clean up the signal in situations where low-end frequency is not wanted. The -10 dB pad is a boon when miking loud sources, such as drums. Switches for both are found on the mic itself.
The mic is fashioned out of metal, and runs off 24 to 48V phantom power, supplied from your preamp, console, or interface. A 10' mic cable is included, as is a shockmount, a pop filter, and a 3/8 to 5/8" thread adapter to accommodate all manner of mic stands.
Key Features at a Glance
- Large gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Great for studio and broadcast
- Flat, wide-range frequency response
- Omnidirectional, Figure-8, and Cardioid pickup pattern
- Switchable low-cut filter at 150 Hz
- Selectable -10 dB pad
- Included shockmount and pop filter
- 24 or 48V phantom power
- Standard XLR connector
- 10' XLR cable included
- Included 3/8" and 5/8" threads
BOYA BY-M1000 Large-Diaphram Multi-Pattern Condenser Studio Microphone
- Large-Diaphragm Condenser
- Omnidirectional, Cardioid & Figure-8
- -10 dB Pad Switch
- 2-Position High-Pass Filter Switch
- Included Shockmount & Pop Filter
- Included Thread Adapter & XLR Cable