Simplify and expedite your entry into wireless audio with the Saramonic Blink 500 B6, an ultracompact and extraordinarily easy-to-use true wireless microphone system offering a cost-effective, all-inclusive solution for recording two subjects to Android devices and Mac/Windows computers equipped with USB Type-C ports.
The Blink 500 B6 delivers considerably improved sound quality compared to the built-in mics on cameras and mobile devices while functioning as an ultracompact digital system that provides immediate out-of-the-box operability for anyone, making it ideal for video, podcast, and mobile journalism applications. Once it's plugged in and powered on, it's set and ready so your focus can stay on your content.
Equally straightforward and small, the Blink 500 B6 gives you everything necessary for recording crisp, clear speech in any location. You get two clip-on transmitters—each with a built-in microphone and a clip-on omni lavalier mic, a dual-channel receiver that plugs directly into your device, and the requisite charging cables for the transmitters. Whether you're a run-and-gun videographer, a YouTube content creator, or an avid vlogger, the Blink 500 B6 can get your wireless audio going in no time.
Unpacking the Blink 500 B6
- Use each ultracompact clip-on transmitter as a true wireless microphone with its built-in mic element, or as a bodypack transmitter with its supplied clip-on lavalier microphone.
- The ultracompact dual-channel receiver plugs directly into your device's USB Type-C port, letting it work seamlessly with Android mobile devices and Mac/Windows computers equipped with USB Type-C ports—no batteries, cables, or clips required.
- Simply plug in the receiver and power on the transmitters to access reliable wireless audio functionality in an instant.
Connect, Power, and Go
- With the receiver and transmitters paired at the factory, the Blink 500 system is comfortably easy to use for anyone, anywhere. Videographers, vloggers, YouTubers, and mobile journalists will benefit from the Blink 500's power-and-go operating style.
- Advanced technology invisibly handles the complicated tasks such as switching channels to avoid dropouts, leaving you with a streamlined and simple system that requires no menu diving or tedious manual configuration.
- Blink 500 systems utilize 24-bit / 48 kHz resolution—the same audio standard used worldwide by sound engineers in the film industry—to give you quality sound at a budget-friendly price point.
- Compared to the built-in microphones on cameras and mobile devices, Blink 500 systems offer considerably improved fidelity and clarity with less noise.
- Since your subjects may speak at very different volumes, Saramonic outfitted the Blink 500 TX with dedicated gain buttons to allow quick and effortless adjustment of the signal level. You can even turn the volume all the way down to effectively mute the transmitter.
- By connecting directly to your device's USB Type-C port, the Blink 500 RXUC avoids unnecessary D/A and A/D conversion to maintain the integrity of the digital signal from your transmitter all the way to your recording device.
Perfect for 1- or 2-Person Shoots
- Since the Blink 500 RXUC is a dual-channel receiver, it can simultaneously handle both Blink 500 TX wireless transmitters. If you need to expand beyond that, you can use up to 18 Blink 500 systems at once to accommodate up to 36 wireless microphones.
- Each Blink 500 system can include one dual-channel receiver and up to two transmitters. Choose from camera-mount (Blink 500 RX), Lightning (Blink 500 RXDi), or USB Type-C (Blink 500 RXUC) receivers.
Built-In Microphone for True Wireless Operation
- The Blink 500 TX features a built-in miniature condenser microphone with an omni pickup pattern that captures clear and natural voice tonality. Thanks to the transmitter's ultracompact housing, you can clip it to clothing, slide it into a shirt pocket, place it on a podium, or hold it in your hand.
Lavalier Microphone Included
- For maximum visual discretion, use the Blink 500 TX as traditional bodypack transmitter with the supplied lavalier microphone. Just clip the omni lav mic to a collar or lapel, then plug it into the transmitter's 3.5mm input; the transmitter automatically switches to the external microphone so you don't have to bother selecting the input source.
- The lavalier mic includes a foam windscreen that lessens noise caused by light wind, breaths, and air conditioning systems. For enhanced reduction of stronger wind noise, a separately available furry windshield (a.k.a. windjammer) such as the Saramonic LM-WS can be fitted to the microphone.
Stable and Simple 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless
- Whereas typical analog wireless systems are susceptible to interference from TV and radio waves, the Blink 500 digital system avoids that by operating in the 2.4 GHz band, which occupies frequencies beyond those of television, radio transmissions, and UHF wireless microphone systems.
- Within the 2.4 GHz spectrum, the Blink 500 boasts automatic channel hopping to mitigate noise and dropouts at a line-of-sight distance of up to 164 feet. For optimal performance, environments with limited Wi-Fi / 2.4 GHz traffic and minimal physical obstructions are recommended.
Ready for Anywhere
- Don’t be concerned about licensing or selecting frequencies; the Blink 500 system uses the license-free 2.4 GHz band, so you can go anywhere in the world and have a reliable, fully functional wireless system.
- Lightweight, ultracompact housings
- Slim plug-in receiver won't interfere with the operation of a gimbal
- USB Type-C male connector plugs directly into your device's USB Type-C port
- Works with Android devices and Mac/Windows computers equipped with USB Type-C ports
- Receiver requires no battery or charging
- Transmitter's intelligent LED indicators show power, audio level, low-battery level, and charging status
- Transmitter's internal 5-hour battery keeps you going on long shoots or multiple run-and-gun gigs in a day
- Power the transmitter or recharge its internal lithium-ion battery via a USB Type-C connection (charging cables included)
- Use up to two transmitters with each receiver
- Operate up to 18 systems simultaneously in the same environment
Saramonic Blink 500 B6 2-Person Digital Wireless Omni Lavalier Microphone System
- For Journalists, Vloggers, YouTubers
- 2 x Omni Lav Mics & Built-In Omni Mics
- 2 x Ultracompact Clip-On Transmitters
- Ultracompact 2-Channel Plug-In Receiver
- For USB Type-C Android/Mac/PC Devices
- Easy to Use, Plug & Play Operation
- Adjustable Gain via Simple Buttons
- TX: USB-Rechargeable 5-Hour Battery
- RX: No Battery or Charging Required
- 18 Systems at Once Max, up to 164' Range
Wireless Technology Digital 2.4 GHz Number of RF Channels 18 Included Transmitters 1 x Clip-On with Microphone Diversity Non-Diversity RF Frequency Band 2400 to 2483.5 MHz RF Bandwidth Up to 83.5 MHz Max Operating Range 164' / 50 m (Line of Sight)
98.4' / 30 m (with Obstruction)
Max Transmitters per Band 18 Sample Rate/Resolution 48 kHz / 24-Bit Latency 12 ms Encryption None Modulation GFSK
Receiver Type Plug-In Mounting Options Plug-In Antenna 1 x 1/4 Wave Wire, Fixed Number of Audio Channels 2 Audio I/O 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Line Output Audio Output Level 5 dB Frequency Response 20 Hz to 16 kHz Network I/O None Word Clock I/O None USB/Lightning Connectivity 1 x USB Type-C (Audio, Bus Power) Power Requirements Bus Power (USB) Display & Indicators 1 x LED (Power, Sync) Housing ABS, Plastic Operating Temperature 32 to 122°F / 0 to 50°C Storage Temperature -4 to 122°F / -20 to 50°C Dimensions 3 x 0.7 x 0.4" / 7.6 x 1.7 x 1.1 cm Weight 0.4 oz / 10 g
Transmitter Type Clip-On with Microphone RF Output Power 10 mW Audio I/O 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Input Plug-In Power 1 V Pad None Muting None Audio Input Level -42 to -30 dBV (at 0 dB Gain) Gain Range +11 to +25 dB (7 dB Steps) Signal Processing None Frequency Response 20 Hz to 16 kHz Sync Method IR Antenna 1 x 1/4 Wave Wire, Fixed Power Requirements Battery or Bus Power (USB) Battery Type 1 x Built-In Rechargeable (Included, Not Replaceable) Internal Battery Capacity 400 mAh Battery Charging Time 1.5 to 2.5 Hours Approx. Battery Life 5 Hours USB/Lightning Connectivity 1 x USB Type-C (Bus Power, Charging) Display & Indicators 4 x LED (Audio Level, Power)
1 x LED (Battery Status)
1 x LED (Recharging)
Housing ABS, Plastic Operating Temperature 32 to 122°F / 0 to 50°C Storage Temperature -4 to 122°F / -20 to 50°C Dimensions 2.5 x 1.7 x 0.7" / 6.3 x 4.3 x 1.7 cm Weight 1.2 oz / 34 g
Microphone Type Lavalier Color Black Sound Field Mono Operating Principle Pressure Operated Capsule Electret Condenser Polar Pattern Omnidirectional Frequency Range 50 Hz to 18 kHz Equivalent Noise Level 58 dB Maximum SPL 110 dB SPL Sensitivity -30 dB Output Connectors 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Male Unbalanced Cable Length 4' / 1.22 m Operating Voltage 1 V
Microphone Type Integrated Sound Field Mono Operating Principle Pressure Operated Capsule Electret Condenser Polar Pattern Omnidirectional Frequency Range 50 Hz to 18 kHz Equivalent Noise Level 58 dB Maximum SPL 120 dB SPL Sensitivity -42 dB