CURRENTLY SOLD OUT / PRE-ORDER ONLY*
*Please contact us for stock availability on pre-order item.
Ships within 3-14 Days (depending on supplier's stock)
The Sony PXW-X400KF is an advanced shoulder camcorder with 20x zoom lens that records a variety of professional broadcast-quality formats including XAVC-L at 50p and 59.94p.
The camcorder offers exceptional weight balance and low power consumption alongside excellent networking features and high picture quality. The re-engineered design dramatically reduces the load on the operator’s right arm.
The Sony PXW-X400 supports Sony viewfinders including the QHD LCD CBK-VF02 and optional Full HD OLED HDVF-EL30 and HDVF-EL20.
The camcorder also offers improved network connectivity, with built-in wireless module, embedded RJ-45 Ethernet 100B-T connector and Near Field Communication (NFC) function (NFC available June 2016) for easy Wi-Fi setup and operation via a mobile or tablet with Sony’s Content Browser Mobile™ application. SD or HD-SDI (up to 1.5G) input supports pool feed recording.
Sony PXW-X400KF 16x Auto Focus Zoom Lens Camcorder Kit
- Full HD XAVC-L 50p and 59.94p operations Supports variety of formats including XAVC at 50p and 59.94p.
- Low power and ergonomic design Designed to minimize power consumption, while lighter lens grip reduces front weight and helps reduce on the load on the right-arm.
- Improved network connectivity features include built-in wireless module, RJ45 Ethernet 100B-T connection and NFC function (*planned to be available June 2016 via free firmware upgrade), for easy Wi-Fi setup.
- The 1.5G HD-SDI input allows pool feed recording.
- Three 2/3-inch type CMOS image sensors from Sony, the world leader in camera image sensors
- Full HD 1080/60p resolution in all three sensors, plus Full HD 1080/60p recording with XAVC™
- Excellent sensitivity: F12 in 1080/60i mode, F13 in 1080/50i mode
- Superb picture clarity: 62 dB signal-to-noise ratio
- Perfect front-rear balance optimized for use with popular ENG lenses; achieves ideal shoulder mount ergonomics; shoulder pad adjusts for a custom fit
- 960 x 540 color LCD monitor with 1,555,200 dots for beautifully detailed menus and monitoring
- Powerful networking includes wireless streaming with Sony's proprietary Quality of Service (QoS), de facto standard MPEG TS streaming, FTP transfers, RJ-45 LAN interface, Wi-Fi remote control from a smartphone or tablet and, in a future firmware upgrade, NFC one-touch communication
- Sony's Quality of Service (QoS) wireless streaming maximizes picture quality on a single, affordable cellular channel; transmits to Sony's PWS-100RX1 receiver (QoS streaming via Wi-Fi is to be offered in a future firmware upgrade, expected early 2016)
- De facto standard MPEG TS wireless streaming to compatible receivers and PCs
- RJ-45 LAN interface for wired 100Base-TX Ethernet, particularly useful for connecting to third-party bonded cellular transmitters
- Smartphone remote control via Sony's Content Browser Mobile app for Android® or iOS® devices; remote viewfinder, remote content browsing and playback via Wi-Fi from a smart phone or tablet
- NFC one-touch communication with compatible smartphones and tablets (in future firmware upgrade, expected early 2016)
- ONLINE button for easy network operations; depending on the context, triggers Network Client Mode on/off, Auto Clip Transfer on/off, or Streaming on/off
- XAVC Intra and XAVC Long recording at up to 1080/60p; combines superb picture quality with money-saving data rates as low as 25 Mbps
- Two SxS® card slots compatible with Sony's high-speed, high-reliability professional media cards
- 10-bit recording with XAVC Intra and XAVC Long codecs retains nuanced grayscale that stands up well to postproduction
- 4:2:2 color captures twice as much color information as conventional 4:1:1 or 4:2:0 sampling, for higher resolution, cleaner compositing
- Choice of codecs includes XAVC Intra, XAVC Long, MPEG2 HD 422, MPEG2 HD 420, MPEG IMX®, and DVCAM® (MXF wrapper) recording
- Proxy Recording on an SD card slot creates a lightweight asset for fast file transfers from the field to the station or production office
- Pool Feed input for events where only one camera is permitted in the room; 1.5G SDI input
- Interval recording for powerful time lapse effects
- 50-pin interface supports live production via Sony's CA-FB70 fiber adaptor or CA-TX70 triax adaptor, sold separately
- 26- and 20-pin viewfinder interfaces support a full range of Sony's viewfinders, sold separately; these include spectacular, OLED viewfinders with Full HD resolution: the HDVF-EL20 and HDVF-EL30
- GPS module captures locations as metadata in HD recordings
- Standard Gamma, HyperGamma and User Gamma modes for powerful control of grayscale and effective highlight handling
- AES/EBU digital audio inputs
- 5-pin XLR audio output
- Wireless mic receiver slot for Sony's DWX Series receivers, sold separately; enables the camera to control mic attenuator and low-cut filter; enables viewfinder display of transmitter battery status
- x2, x3, x4 Digital Extender gets you even closer to the subject with no sacrifice in sensitivity
- Low power consumption, just 22 Watts, body only
- Kit Highlights: PXWX400KF –Supplied with a 16x auto focus** zoom lens, 3.5-inch LCD viewfinder, and stereo shotgun microphone. **The auto focus function is planned to be available June 2016 via free firmware upgrade