Perfect for vloggers, the Sony ZV-E10 pairs a large APS-C sensor and mirrorless versatility with a specialized feature-set built just for content creators. Improving upon the ubiquitous smartphone, the ZV-E10 is an Alpha camera that brings improved image quality, greater choice of lenses, and increased control to up your creativity when shooting.
Taking a concept that originated with the ZV-1, the ZV-E10 is the mirrorless continuation of this idea of a camera built around the concept of vlogging. It's a highly capable and portable camera but incorporates a series of design choices and shooting modes that are ideal for single-person productions. A vari-angle screen lets you accurately frame up shots, the integrated directional mic is purpose-built for recording more accurate sound from front-facing subjects, and shooting modes like Background Defocus and Product Showcase help you highlight specific subjects with ease.
In terms of specs, the ZV-E10 revolves around a 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor, which enables UHD 4K video recording up to 30p, Full HD recording at 120p, and stills shooting up to 11 fps. Sensitivity ranges from 100-32000 for working in a variety of lighting conditions and the sensor's design also integrates a 425-point Fast Hybrid AF system for accurate tracking and detection of subjects.
The body design is reminiscent of Sony's other Alpha E-mount cameras and features an intuitive control layout along with the functional 3.0" vari-angle touchscreen LCD for intuitive settings control and framing. With audio being a main concern of vlogging and creative content, the ZV-E10 focuses on this aspect of recording by including a 3-capsule directional mic into the camera design as well as incorporating both 3.5mm mic and headphone ports and having the top Multi Interface shoe support a digital audio interface for improved audio quality.
Optimized Camera Design
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot touchscreen LCD features a side flip-out design that is ideal for filming yourself or taking selfies in a natural and intuitive manner.
- Side-opening screen allows for a redesigned top plate, which incorporates a directional 3-capsule microphone that is specifically designed for forward-directional audio recording. Also, a dedicated wind screen for the built-in mic is included to help achieve cleaner audio when working outdoors.
- Both 3.5mm microphone and headphone ports are also featured for more advanced audio recording, and the Multi Interface Shoe also benefits audio recording capabilities. This accessory shoe supports a digital audio interface that helps to achieve lower noise during recording and also eliminates cable clutter and the need for external power when working with compatible shoe-mounted mics.
- Front tally lamp serves as a visual indicator for when recording is occurring. Also, the LCD can display a red border frame to further serve as an additional recording indicator.
- Live streaming is possible directly from the camera simply by connecting the camera to a computer or compatible mobile device via USB, allowing the camera's video and audio capabilities to be used for live social media and video conferencing. UVC and UAC standards are supported for improved picture and sound quality during streaming.
Sony ZV-E10L/BQ with 16-50mm Lens (BMirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K30p and Full HD 120p Video
- 3.0" Side Flip-Out Touchscreen LCD
- 425-Point Fast Hybrid AF
- Up to 11-fps Shooting, ISO 100-32000
- Real-Time Eye AF and Tracking
- Background Defocus & Face Priority AE
- Directional 3-Capsule Mic and Windscreen
- Headphone and Microphone Ports
- E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
Lens Mount Sony E Sensor Type 23.5 x 15.6 mm (APS-C) CMOS Sensor Resolution Actual: 25 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel (6000 x 4000)
Crop Factor 1.5x Aspect Ratio 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9 Image File Format JPEG, Raw Bit Depth 14-Bit Image Stabilization Digital (Video Only)
ISO Sensitivity Auto, 100 to 32000 (Extended: 50 to 51200) Shutter Speed Mechanical Shutter
1/4000 to 30 Second
1/4000 to 1/4 Second in Movie Mode
Metering Method Center-Weighted Average, Multi-Zone, Spot Exposure Modes Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority Exposure Compensation -5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps) Metering Range -2 to 20 EV White Balance Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature Filter, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater Continuous Shooting Up to 11 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 116 Frames (JPEG) / 46 Frames (Raw) Interval Recording Yes Self-Timer 2/5/10-Second Delay
Recording Modes XAVC S 4:2:0 8-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p [16 to 100 Mb/s]
External Recording Modes 4:2:2 8-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 29.97p
Recording Limit Unlimited for UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 29.97p Video Encoding NTSC/PAL Audio Recording Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
Audio File Format Linear PCM (Stereo) Live Streaming Yes Webcam Functionality Yes
Focus Type Auto and Manual Focus Focus Mode Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S) Autofocus Points Phase Detection: 425
Contrast Detection: 425
Autofocus Sensitivity -3 to +20 EV
Size 3.0" Resolution 921,600 Dot Display Type Articulating Touchscreen LCD
Built-In Flash No Flash Modes Auto, Fill Flash, Off, Rear Sync, Slow Sync Maximum Sync Speed 1/160 Second Flash Compensation -3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps) Dedicated Flash System TTL External Flash Connection Hot Shoe
Media/Memory Card Slot Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick Duo Hybrid (UHS-I) Connectivity 3.5mm Microphone, 3.5mm Headphone, USB Type-C (USB 3.1), HDMI D (Micro) Wireless Wi-Fi
Operating Temperature 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
Battery 1 x NP-FW50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1080 mAh (Approx. 440 Shots) Dimensions (W x H x D) 4.5 x 2.5 x 1.8" / 115.2 x 64.2 x 44.8 mm Weight 12.1 oz / 343 g (Body with Battery and Memory)
Focal Length 16 to 50mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 75mm) Maximum Aperture f/3.5 to 5.6 Minimum Aperture f/22 to 36 Angle of View 83° to 32° Maximum Magnification 0.21x Minimum Focus Distance 9.84" / 25 cm Optical Design 9 Elements in 8 Groups Diaphragm Blades 7 Focus Type Autofocus Image Stabilization Yes Filter Size 40.5 mm (Front) Dimensions (ø x L) 2.55 x 1.18" / 64.7 x 29.9 mm Weight 4.09 oz / 116 g