Sleek and Speedy Super-Wide
Featuring an especially sleek and lightweight design, the Sony E 11mm f/1.8 is also among the widest APS-C lenses, offering a 16.5mm equivalent focal length along with a bright f/1.8 design. Perfect for selfie-style vlogging, architectural subjects, and landscape shooting, this lens's lightweight, portable design also makes it a go-to choice for travel and walkaround recording applications.
- Ultra-wide-angle prime offers a 16.5mm equivalent focal length, making it a versatile option for subjects ranging from architecture to landscapes, as well as handheld vlogging needs.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture is ideal for shallow depth of field shooting and also excels in low-light conditions.
- Optical design offers impressive sharpness across the frame and also contributes to high clarity by reducing color fringing and a variety fo aberrations.
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm contributes a smooth and natural bokeh quality.
Refined Focusing Performance
Linear Motor system uses two separate motors to provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus and tracking performance. This design also contributes to more natural, intuitive Linear Response manual focus control and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for quick focus mode switching.
- Internal focusing design offers more responsive focusing performance and maintains a consistent overall lens length during operation.
- Suitable for close-up shooting, the minimum focusing distance is 4.7" with a 0.2x maximum magnification when using manual focus, or 5.9" with a 0.13x magnification when using autofocus.
- Smooth Motion Optics (SMO) suppresses focus breathing to help maintain compositional accuracy when changing focus. This lens is also compatible with the Breathing Compensation function in select Alpha cameras.
Petite Design and Intuitive Handling
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design suits working in inclement conditions.
- Customizable focus hold button on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- When paired with a camera featuring Active Mode stabilization, the ultra-wide focal length works perfectly to produce stable shots while walking, along with a pleasing balance of subject and background in the frame when used at arm's length.
- Lens measures 2.3" long and weighs 6.4 oz, making it a great portable choice that's well-suited to the sleeker size of APS-C bodies.
Sony E 11mm f/1.8 Lens
- E-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 16.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Dual Linear AF Motors; Internal Focus
- Min. Focusing Distance: 4.7"
- Suppressed Focus Breathing
- Dust- and Moisture-Resistant Design
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm